Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two new MUST READ books!

A great friend of mine recently gave me a book called "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Camille Kingsolver.  Mike grabbed it immediately after I opened it to read the back.  He read the first chapter while I fed Kaelyn dinner and he never gave it back!  He's almost done with it and I've started reading through the first few chapters.  It's an amazing read about a family who moved from their home in AZ to a farm in southern Appalachia and ate off of their farm. An eye-opener, it is truly educational about food and how we've come to eat in America.  I highly recommend it - it's hard to put down.

I also picked up another of Victoria Boutenko's books called "Green for Life."  I read her "Raw Family" book earlier this year and it was very inspiring and motivating.  Since I feel like I've gone a little backwards these days, this "Green for Life" book was just what I needed.  It focuses on how we need to eat more green leafy vegetables and how to easily do that through smoothies (i.e. 8 leaves red leaf lettuce, 2 cups blueberries, 1 banana, 2 cups water...viola!).  Again, it's very educational, a super easy and fast read, and I feel re-inspired and hopeful once again.  It is our New Year's resolution to go 50% raw in the New Year...and we're already doing 2-3 smoothies a day.  


As Kaelyn says - mmm mmmm good!


P.s. Both books are now in the "Enlightening Health Resources" on the right side of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and feedback!