Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Restaurant Review: True Food $$


Today I had a business lunch with a colleague who shares in the "whole food journey."  When we meet for lunch we always look for the newest health conscious find.  Today we hit the jackpot.
Dr. Andrew Weil has teamed up to create a restaurant that showcases foods that support an anti-inflammatory diet.  Although there are other Tru Food restaurant locations, the one in San Diego just opened last month.  They've done a great job on creating a WHOLE experience. From the herb plants on the way in the door, to the orange/vanilla infused water (to D.I.E. for - I'm still peeing b/c I drank so much of it - it tastes like a creamsicle I swear - try it at home by just adding a vanilla bean and sliced oranges to a pitcher of water.), to the farm table wait stands.  I could go on and on.


A well arranged bucket of vegetables.  Doesn't "sound" appealing but look at that bowl. It was delicious. The cucumber dip was amazing!


I've been dying to try the combination of tomatoes and watermelon. It's all the rage. I'm not a sweet/tangy combination person so I'll admit, I don't need to have this combination again. But it was very good and anyone who likes sweet and salty will absolutely love it.  I love that they had yellow and red watermelon as well as red/yellow heirloom tomatoes.  Yum.


Their menu was fun and eclectic...and seasonal.  So it'll always be changing.  They had meat as well (a bison burger no less) and pizzas (not sure how that supports an anti-inflammatory diet...but good to know what the options are).  
They use all natural sweeteners - most of the fun drinks were made with honey, as were many desserts. But I noticed some agave too.

Definitely give it a try.  It's a great meeting place - wonderful atmosphere. It makes me so happy and fills my soul when I find a restaurant that is serving whole foods that truly feed our bodies.  It made for a great day and a high-energy business lunch.

Keeping it real! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and feedback!