Thursday, August 2, 2012

Who doesn't love watermelons?

I've only met one person who doesn't like watermelon (my niece!) I definitely love watermelon.  This year it's taken forever to get a good one. I think we've thrown out 5-6 since May because they were so bad.  Last week was the magic week - we've had about 5 that have been super sweet (no, we don't eat that much watermelon - we always share them!).

Yesterday Mike bought two. So I decided this was the opportunity to make some watermelon popsicles. I've always wanted to try watermelon-mint...so I found me some mint.  I gave it a whirl in the Vitamix blender (yes, just watermelon and chopped mint - nothing else).  It was one of the yummiest things I've ever tasted. I could have drank the whole pitcher.  But I filled up the popsicle containers and lucky me, there was extra! So I added ice and a little rum, and Mike and I enjoyed a little after-dinner fun beverage.  I think I'll be making a habit of this mixture.  So refreshing.
 Even the kids helped!
The kid's version...
The adult version...

Happy summer!

Keeping it real! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and feedback!