Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Angels on Earth


This is the photo of earthly angels we have recently encountered (and their two adorable kids Liam and James). When I posted about our hard drive failure, my friend Marianna's sister Josephine came to the rescue. Her husband Jim deals with technology for a living and she volunteered him to help us out. Low and behold - he got ALL our data back. So I'm sharing this poem for Liliana with you because our angels here on earth were able to retrieve it. Thank you Jim and Jo - I am forever grateful.

Liliana
How will I know who you are
When I’ve never seen your face?
When I finally get to heaven,
Will you still need my warm embrace?

It’s nice to know you’ll be waiting for me
Your sister will keep you company through time
But two separate lives, that’s not what I wanted
You should be here with us, you should have been mine

These are the things I think about
Now that you are not here
I wish instead I could feel you growing inside
And not have to deal with the fears

I think of you in my days, in my nights
I try to honor you in all that I do
I want you to bring meaning to our life
Our purpose has changed because of you

We will try our best to do what we can
To appreciate all that we have
Our baby, our Liliana, will be in our hearts
As we live our lives as full as we can

I have a job as a mom here on earth
But one in another place too
In heaven you need me, in a different way maybe
But you’re always my baby, our spirit, our soul
Waiting patiently for us to come home to you.

You will always be a little sister,
To two girls who are just like you
But you are a special little girl in your own right
When we come home, come find us, we love you

April 14, 2009

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Kathy. I'm so glad you were able to retrieve that from your computer. Kind of makes you want to get an old fashioned journal, doesn't it? The part about not knowing what Liliana will look when you see her again has me all torn up inside. I'm so sorry you didn't get to see what she looked like and that she and Maya are not here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem -- thank you for sharing it with all of us. We were so very happy to help you, no need to thank us. I am just so happy he was able to retrive everything! Your journey is helping so many people, me included. So thank YOU for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and feedback!